Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Awesome Chocolate Pie Recipe

My family loves chocolate pie. The more I make it, the more my family wants it!! I thought a good way to spread chocolate cheer is to explain the bliss of chocolate pie to more people. Here goes! The basics of chocolate pie (in order of importance) are:

Filling
Pie crust
Whipped cream
Toppings


The biggest difference you can make is in the filling. The next is the crust, and last is the whipped cream. The toppings can also make an impact, but I place this in last place. :-) These items in concert make the best overall recipe. However, some of these components are more impactful than others.

The crust can vary. One good recipe we use are crushed Oreo cookies in the crust. Other times, crushed peanut butter cookies are a good choice as well. Most often, we use crushed graham crackers. If you are seeking a quick and easy method, a ready-made pie crust will do also.
The best filling I've ever made was with chocolate pudding. Chocolate pudding can vary, but find your best pudding you like, and reduce the consistency by 1/4 to make the filling rigid. A good article on filling is
here.

The toppings you place on the pie can make a great impact as well. I've seen M&M's, chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, and many other candy treats. Naturally, you'll want a flavor that compliments the chocolate goodness you've made! This is my favorite chocolate pie recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment