Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuna Fish Spaghetti Recipe

It is ironic that one of my favorite spaghetti sauces is one that I was almost too afraid to taste! But thankfully I did because not only is it delicious, it's also extremely easy to make.


I still remember my reaction when my sister-in-law told me she was making tuna fish spaghetti for one of my first visits to her and my brother's apartment. I loved spaghetti but with tuna? I tried to finagle a way out of eating it. Luckily I was unsuccessful because the dish turned out to be an excellent alternative to the pasta dishes I normally prepared. It is delicious and simple to make, plus it is great for a tight budget!


Assemble the following ingredients:
3 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 28 oz. can tomato puree
1 small can tomato paste
2 6 oz. cans tuna, preferably in oil
Salt to taste


Peel and mince the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan and lightly brown the garlic. In a pinch, you can use garlic powder (not garlic salt), but the fresh garlic gives a better flavor. Stir in the tomato puree and tomato paste. Simmer for an hour.


Drain the canned tuna, leaving a little oil for flavor. Add the fish to the tomato sauce and heat until the tuna is hot. If you like, you can add salt.


This sauce tastes wonderful with homemade pasta but the store bought variety works well too. Top each serving with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Serve with garlic bread and a side salad with vinaigrette dressing. Mangiare!


Mary Tinat has worked for more than 20 years in the fields of writing and public relations. That expertise, combined with her commitment to a healthy lifestyle for herself and her family, led her to write articles about diet and wholesome food. For more information on her work, go to http://www.wordformers.com.


Article Source:
http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mary_Tinat

No comments:

Post a Comment